Safe Drinking Water
Water is an essential element for every human being, for personal consumption and cooking, growing crops and maintaining livestock, personal hygiene, and washing things, such as clothing and dishes. Access to clean drinking water and proper sanitation are crucial human rights, because without these, people are forced to rely on unsafe sources for water, which highly increases the risk for preventable, communicable diseases. As a result of inadequate resources, our institution is stuck in a cycle of ill health, which affects children most severely.
Our major problem in the institution is the scarcity of water. Due to lack of drinking water, various diseases are spreading among the children and no proper hygiene is kept up. Scarcity of water again prevents their interest of small kitchen garden and flower garden in our home. During the summer, this water problem used to become so severe.
Due to the arrival of four-line National Highway through the middle of our land we are cut off from the drinking water. Because the source of the water that is open well and bore were in other part of the land. As a result the road construction cut off our water supply system while making four-line National Highway. For time being we depend up on the movable water tank. We are aware that this way of approach is expensive and unsafe. Thus we have decided to dig a bore well inside the structure of present orphanage section.
Objectives of the Project
- Lives are saved
- Illnesses are greatly reduced
- Health is dramatically improved
Beneficiaries of the Project
1. Providing drinking water to our orphan children (80 Children)
2. Providing Safe drinking water for Tribal Boys Hostel (70 Children)
3. Providing drinking water to school children (935 students) during midday meals.
1. Providing drinking water to domestic animals of our Institutions
2. Providing water for horticulture; like small kitchen garden and flower garden etc.
3. Providing Safe water to Villages during summer season.
4. Providing safe Water for St. Francis Dispensary
5. Providing drinking water to St. Francis School
We work to improve access to safe water and sanitation facilities in school and in our institutions.